ftba-devel

[Ftba-devel] clean-cut

From: Jimmy Evans
Subject: [Ftba-devel] clean-cut
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 00:56:14 -0700

And the money in the Yankeesoldiers wallet. There was something about cotton thatwas reassuring, steadying. If I had ona petticoat or pantalets Id use them.
Im telling this, please, said Old Miss shortly.
By God, this wasone Yankee who would do no more stealing! The house was saved by the combined accents of the second Mrs.
Her mind prodded to action by the feverish urgency of Melaniesvoice, Scarlett thought hard. She isnt well yet and she shouldnt be out inthe sun.
And the apples and the yams in the pantry bins. She dropped her eyes to the ground and waited for Grandma to speak. Scarlett next had tried her sisters and Melanie in the fields, butthat had worked no better. No feeling ofhorror or remorse assailed her at the memory. Indian summer lingered into November that year and the warm dayswere bright days for those at Tara.
Scarlett looked up into the keen old eyes and knew she could tellthe truth, without tears.
Scarlett dropped her head on her armsand struggled not to cry.
Oh, they are better, much better, almost well but quite weak,answered Scarlett.
The onlytime crying ever did any good was when there was a man around fromwhom you wished favors.
Well, how were we to know different when Mr.
How heavy he was and how weak she suddenly felt.
Well, you see, I didnt get home till the day after the battle,she answered hastily.
We dont know athing except that Sherman finally got the town. It would be the longest walk she had ever taken in her life, butwalk it she would.
She knew she could not tell them Ellen wasdead. Ill tell Papa on you and he wont make me work! A Yankee, a Yankee with a longpistol on his hip! Even that sorryanimal Rhett had stolen would make all the difference in the worldto them. Even that sorryanimal Rhett had stolen would make all the difference in the worldto them.