g-wrap-dev

Runtime library structure

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Runtime library structure
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 10:45:45 +0200

Hi!

I wonder how to best structure the gwrap libraries/bindings. Now we
have libgwrap-wct, libgwrap-glib _plus_ the generated wrappers
libgw-standard, libgw-wct, libgw-glib. I'd prefer a bit fewer shared
libraries - my proposal is:

- Have one shared lib with all the non-generated stuff that almost
  every wrapset would need. This would include my runtime wrapper
  stuff and probably g-wrap-wct.c; name this something like
  libgwrap-runtime.

- For each wrapper shlib, directly link in the support functions
  needed. I can see the need for explicitly compiling linking against
  those support functions from other wrapsets, but I think we should
  get rid of it (this is certainly possible with runtime wrapper
  creation).

- Can't a wrapset compile/link against a wrapset shlib? If it can, I
  don't see a need for separation into support wrapper shared
  libraries.

However, I could easily be convinced that this is a stupid idea.

Regards, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden
http://www.8ung.at/rotty | GnuPG Key: http://www.8ung.at/rotty/gpg.asc