g-wrap-dev

gnucash 1.8.9 and g-wrap 1.9.3 - almost but not quite working

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: gnucash 1.8.9 and g-wrap 1.9.3 - almost but not quite working
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:35:35 -0500

I'm trying to modernize guile support in pkgsrc (www.pkgsrc.org, used
on NetBSD), which basically means making things that use guile 1.4 use
guile 1.6.  The hairiest thing is gnucash, and I'm trying to use
g-wrap 1.9.3 at the same time.

I changed the pkgsrc entry so gnucash links with guile 1.6.4 and uses
g-wrap 1.9.3.  This failed with InvAcct not defined, and indeed I
could not find it in any .h file in the sources.  Googling, I found
Andreas's patch:

http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-changes/2004-October/000469.html

(BTW, it would be nice to refer to this when saying "gnucash works
with g-wrap 1.9.3", because the latest release doesn't.  I realize
that the patch is mostly/all fixing latent gnucash bugs.)

With the patch, gnucash builds and installs.  Running it leads to:

ERROR: no code for module (g-wrap gw-wct)

I don't find the module in the installed path of g-wrap 1.9.3.

Any clues?

Perhaps for my modernizing effort I should just switch gnucash to a
version of 1.3.4 with guile 1.6, but it seems that g-wrap 1.3.4 and
g-wrap 1.9.3 are not parallel installable.  If they're API-compatible,
though, that's fine, and indeed the only thing in pkgsrc that uses
g-wrap is gnucash.