g-wrap-dev

Build Issue with Latest Git Guile

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Build Issue with Latest Git Guile
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 12:51:38 -0500

Hello,

I just tried to build g-wrap with the latest development guile, and got a build error. It seems that scm_sym2var and scm_module_lookup_closure (used on line 346 of guile-runtime.c in g-wrap 1.9.14) will be gone in guile 2.2.

I would be more than happy to write a patch that replaces these with equivalent calls, but I don't know how to modify the build system to make it detect guile 2.2. If someone could tell me how to do that, I would be glad to do the rest. (I'm not sure it's necessary to detect 2.2., but it might be if we need to have different versions of the code that apply in different guile versions.)

Thanks,
Noah Lavine