gallium-dev

[Gallium-dev] hierarchy whiskers

From: Dobbin Hewitt
Subject: [Gallium-dev] hierarchy whiskers
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 08:50:04 +0300

It was a drizzling evening, the same weather whichthat day had graced the Kangaroo match. You never run your head against a stone wall. Also itbecame the parent of several offspring.
Above all, he was interesting andaggressively practical. So he broke with his employers, and, greatly daring, startedhis own penny weekly. Jaikie spokelittle; his fate in life was to be a listener.
Dougal in appearance was what our grandfatherscalled a Gothic survival.
His columns became the most popular feature of that popularjournal. There followed a statement of ideals which was noblyeclectic. He acquired also severaltrade journals, and put them on a paying basis. Never was a son the object of higherexpectations or more deeply pondered plans. You dont seem to care very much about anything,and youre too fond of playing the devils advocate. Dougal was at once nationalist and internationalist,humanitarian and man of iron, realist and poet. At the same moment a scarf wasthrown over his head which stopped all utterance.
But the eyes remained the same, grey-green, deep-set,sullen, smouldering with a fierce vitality.
Kindly, maybe, but laughing all the same.
His signed articles had a prodigiousvogue. And how are you getting on yourself, Dougal?
Is it not right that aman like me should take a hand in it?
Theres a bottle of champagne to drink Jaikies health.
Above all, he was interesting andaggressively practical.
I take his wages, because I givegood value for them. His signed articles had a prodigiousvogue.
He acquired also severaltrade journals, and put them on a paying basis.
Is it not right that aman like me should take a hand in it? Man, Jaikie, its an extraordinary thing youve taken so littlehurt. And remember thatIm old, but not dead-old. But still Ive a good heartystock of dislikes and they keep me from boredom. You see, I like so much that I havent a great deal oftime for hating. It approaches its goal circumspectly, with an air ofcautious reconnaissance. Weekly he emerged from the shadowswhere he lived to give counsel and encouragement to humanity. They did not read his weekly pronouncements, preferringolder and stronger fare. And how are you getting on yourself, Dougal?
Is it not right that aman like me should take a hand in it?
Thestudents of the western capital were engaged in choosing their LordRector.
Superfine people commented upon themeagreness of his thought and the turgidity of his style.
Many a grand day Ivehad on its hill burns. I know what they need and Iknow what theyre thinking, for I come out of them myself.
But what does Mr Craw say to your politics? Ive nothing to dowith his shoddy politics.