gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: gcl

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl
Date: 16 Dec 2001 12:12:06 -0500

[ cc'ing to list as some might know the answers to my questions :-)]
Greetings!

address@hidden writes:

> unexnt.c needs to be in the cvs, I got it from gcl-2.3.

OK, Dr. Schelter had specifically removed this file.  It's currently
in the CVS 'Attic'.  Anyone know why?  Is it possible that there is
another file he intended to use on NT for his later releases?

In general, I'd very much like to know:

What is the latest release of Gcl anyone got working on any Microsoft
box, preferably in the cygwin environment?  Can someone please put
such a successful old build up somewhere so we can do some comparisons?

> unixsave.c:32: unexnt.c: No such file or directory
>
>  0x402607 <add_page_to_freelist+31>:  mov    %dl,0x55a64c(%ea
>
> is where its coreing, I will create a new tar in a few minutes.

Thanks for this!  Questions:

1) I assume the program dies with a segfault.  Is this meaningful in
   NT?
2) i'd like to know what eax is set to (in gdb, i reg eax), dl too.
3) Could you please rebuild with -g, and do a backtrace (bt) in gdb?
4) Is this occurring on the tkl.o load too, or somewhere else?

Take care,