gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] More Code Cleanup...

From: Robert Alan Byer
Subject: [Gcl-devel] More Code Cleanup...
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:07:09 -0500

In the following files...

gcl/gmp/assert.c
gcl/gmp/randlc.c
gcl/gmp/randraw.c
gcl/gmp/mpn/generic/gcdext.c
gcl/gmp/mpn/generic/tdiv_qr.c
gcl/gmp/mpz/bin_uiui.c
gcl/gmp/mpz/fac_ui.c
gcl/gmp/mpz/pprime_p.c
gcl/gmp/mpz/root.c
gcl/gmp/mpz.set_d.c

#include <stdlib.h> needs to be included to prevent the abort() function
from being implicitly declared.

Also, while compiling gcl/gmp/random.c under OpenVMS I got the following
warning.

          return mrand48 () | (mrand48 () << 32);
        .......................^
        %CC-W-SHIFTCOUNT, In this statement, the shift count "32" is negative
or is
        greater than or equal to the promoted size of the operand
"mrand48(...)".
        at line number 38 in file DISK$WORK:[TEST.GCL.GMP]URANDOM.H;1

and also got the same above error when compiling gcl/gmp/mpz/random.c

I have more code cleanup comming.

Currently, both Tru64 Alpha and OpenVMS Alpha build the libgmp library and
pass all the known GMP tests that are known to pass so I guess I'm on the
right track.

 | Robert Alan Byer | address@hidden | ICQ #65926579 |
 | Send an E-mail request to obtain a copy of my PGP key.      |
 | "It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.  It is by |
 |  cans of cola the thoughts aquire speed, the hands acquire  |
 |  shakes, the shakes become a warning.  It is by caffeine    |
 |  alone I set my mind in motion."                            |