gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: True64 Build...

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: True64 Build...
Date: 19 Dec 2001 22:01:10 -0500

Greetings!

Robert Alan Byer <address@hidden> writes:

> You asked how the Tru64 Alpha build was going, attached is a log of a =20
> configure and make that will give you some ideas of what still needs to be=
>  =20
> address in general in GCL and what still needs to be fixed.

Looking pretty good.  Many of these things appear straightforward,
though tedious, to fix.  I'm especially interested in anything you
have to do to address the 64bit question.

> (I have the MAXPATHLEN error taken care of, but didn't include it in the =20
> build)
>
> Also, is TCL/TK NECESSARY for GCL to build?  I don't have TK loaded on my T=
> ru64 =20
> box (that I'm aware of anyway) and currently there is no port of TCL/TK for=
>  =20
> OpenVMS.

I don't think it is strictly necessary.  the makefiles have provision
to step around it, but are broken in the way they do so.  I've
committed a fix which I think allows building without tcl/tk to 2.5.0,
and will try to merge into 'stable' soon.

Thanks for your efforts!