gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: gcl

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl
Date: 31 Dec 2001 17:31:16 -0500

Greetings!  Glad you're back!

Dan Stanger <address@hidden> writes:

> I am back from vacation.  What is the status of gcl on cygwin, should I
> download
> the latest cvs and try to build and run?

The last work was done by David Billinghurst.  In sum, setting the
DBEGIN as he has done appears to be a step forward.  Now we just need
to get the NULL_OR_ON_C_STACK macro right.  If one of you could
actually find out where the stack is on these systems, that would be
great.  If you'd just like to try to get past the next hurdle, knock
one '0' off the NULL_OR_ON_C_STACK definition from the last mask, i.e.

0xf000000 -> 0xf00000

I still haven't put back unexent.c into the cvs, but will if either of
you can get a working build with it.

> Also, I saw that you emailed cy re garnet.  I was the one who suggested
> that it be used for
> a maxima gui.  To make it work on windows, a replacement for clx must be
> built,
> or the macintosh code must be modified to handle gui stuff.

OK, thanks for the suggestion!  Does tcl/tk not work on cygwin?  Very
easy to use.  I thought there would be a windows port.

Take care,