gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Garnet?

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Garnet?
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 12:02:53 -0800 (PST)

--- Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:
> Greetings!  Well, I've never heard of it before.  I looked it up, and
> it seems interesting, but is no longer supported by its authors.
> There may be one volunteer working on it.  Why would you want to use
> this instead of Tcl/Tk?  Would you like to volunteer to try and build
> it?  If it is useful to you and others and is not too much work,
> we'll try to make sure it works under gcl.  It would seem though as
if
> it is relatively unused.

The advantages this has over TCL/TK are that it is apparently
implimented in lisp itself, if I understand what it is correctly.  I
found it when I was investigating options for a Maxima gui.  It looks
to be too much work to be worthwhile, particularly since it doesn't
currently run on Windows.  I was curious if anyone here knew more about
it, but I concur it appears mostly dead.  I doubt I'll be able to try
building it anytime soon.

CY