gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Removing the info files from the distro

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Removing the info files from the distro
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:29:42 -0800 (PST)

--- Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:
> Greetings!  Would anyone have an objection to removing the .info
> files
> from the tree?  These are generated at build time anyway if the user
> has makeinfo installed, which to my knowledge is available on all our
> target systems.
>
> Take care,
>
> --
> Camm Maguire                                          address@hidden

I wouldn't.  That actually reminds me of a question I wanted to ask -
has anyone compiled gcl on yellow dog linux (a ppc distro) and tested
it?  What brought it up was the new iMac, which is finally impressive
enough to interest me after I graduate this spring, but if I can't run
and develop Maxima then it would be kind of silly to get one.  (Of
course, they have to be able to run Linux, too, but that's another story.)