gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: include file

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: include file
Date: 01 Feb 2002 16:29:38 -0500

Greetings!

address@hidden writes:

> I think it was cmpinclude.h, but you will know, when you try to
> compile the c file and it cant find it.
> btw, I compiled gcl on linux, copied the c and data files and built
> a working gcl on windows.  I have modified the makefile for maxima,
> to keep the c files, but I must have done it incorrectly, as I am
> getting a compiler error, but I will soon get past that I hope.

OK, please let me know when you get a working procedure, and I'll try
it for ppc as a temporary testing measure.

> I started looking at the garbage collection code, it seems to be a
> standard mark and sweep.  I did notice that some internal malloc
> routines seem to be called directly.  Maybe some asserts in the gc

True.

> code would be helpful.

Could you elaborate a little here?

I have a temporary tree using standard gc, Boehm gc, and *no* gc
toggled with compile time options.  Build doesn't quite finish with
the last two, but *almost* :-)

Take care,