gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Compile trouble

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Compile trouble
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:25:13 +1000

Hi there.

> The compiler doesn't seem to be following symbolic links in the gmp
> directory.  Is this typical or do I need to fix something about my
> cygwin setup?

As Dave Billinghurst just pointed out, you need to do as the readme.mingw
file says and replace instances of "ln -s" in gmp/configure.  This is
because the Mingw32 gcc compiler tools are native windows apps rather than
Cygwin - they don't understand Cygwin links.

> When I get to the part where it trys to launch gcl, it quits with
> Unrecoverable error:  NULL_OR_ON_C_STACK macro invalid.

This is interesting.  Are you using the current Savannah CVS sources?  If
so, then I might need to update this macro.  The CVS code works on two
different machines which I have built GCL on (AMD K6, WIn XP and Intel PII,
Win 2000) and apparently for Dave B on at least one computer as well.

To check that you have the current CVS sources, check "readme.mingw".  There
should be stuff written by me, with the old historical stuff below that.

Good luck - I will probably see your emails over the next seven hours if you
have further questions.

Mike Thomas.