gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Todo list...

From: Raymond Toy
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Todo list...
Date: 17 May 2002 11:44:04 -0400

    >> 1) f2cl-lib.lisp fails to compile because of some sort of internal GCL
    >> error. I reported this to the GCL list, but I haven't pinned down the
    >> problem. I can work around the problem by not compiling f2cl-lib.
    >>

    Camm> OK, I take it this is in maxima cvs somewhere?

Yep.  Get the latest CVS and look in src/numerical.

    Camm> OK, I've looked at the examples in the spec on array-displacement, and
    Camm> preliminarily come to the following conclusions:

    Camm> 1) Gcl's array structure looks like
    Camm> struct array {                        /*  array header  */
    Camm>               FIRSTWORD;
    Camm>       object  a_displaced;    /*  displaced  */
    Camm>       short   a_rank;         /*  array rank  */
    Camm>       short   a_elttype;      /*  element type  */
    Camm>       object  *a_self;        /*  pointer to the array  */
    Camm>       short   a_adjustable;   /*  adjustable flag  */
    Camm>       short   a_offset;       /*  bitvector offset  */
    Camm>       int     a_dim;          /*  dimension  */
    Camm>       int     *a_dims;        /*  table of dimensions  */

    Camm> };

    Camm> a_displaced has a car of the parent array, and a cdr of the list of
    Camm> 'child' arrays.  Looking at array.c, this seems reasonably
    Camm> straightforward.  Is the returned pair (array and displacemement) a
    Camm> single list, or a pair of objects?  Am a bit unclear how to return the
    Camm> answer.

CMUCL says array-displacement:

   Returns values of :displaced-to and :displaced-index-offset options to
   make-array, or the defaults nil and 0 if not a displaced array.

So if you could provide this information in any form visible to Lisp,
it should be easy to add the right Lisp code to return the desired
data.

Ray