gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Todo list...

From: James Amundson
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Todo list...
Date: 17 May 2002 11:06:06 -0500

I was in the process of responding to this message when Ray beat me to
it. That's good, because Ray knows more about this than I.

Comments follow.

On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 10:44, Raymond Toy wrote:

>     >> 1) f2cl-lib.lisp fails to compile because of some sort of internal GCL
>     >> error. I reported this to the GCL list, but I haven't pinned down the
>     >> problem. I can work around the problem by not compiling f2cl-lib.
>     >>

>     Camm> OK, I take it this is in maxima cvs somewhere?
>
> Yep.  Get the latest CVS and look in src/numerical.

That's right, but I'll send Camm a copy.

> CMUCL says array-displacement:
>
>    Returns values of :displaced-to and :displaced-index-offset options to
>    make-array, or the defaults nil and 0 if not a displaced array.
>
> So if you could provide this information in any form visible to Lisp,
> it should be easy to add the right Lisp code to return the desired
> data.

To return the two values in lisp, you want something like
        (values array displaced-to)

Thanks for picking this up so quickly.

--Jim