gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Todo list...

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Todo list...
Date: 21 May 2002 15:29:33 -0400

Greetings!

"Vadim V. Zhytnikov" <address@hidden> writes:

> Camm Maguire wrote:
>
> > Dear Friends of Gcl!  I *may* be able to get some time in the next few
> > days to work a bit on gcl.  A number of issues have been raised and
> > are outstanding.  Are there suggestions as to prioritization?
> >

> I think that the most urgent need is to eliminate GCL incompatibility
> with current Maxima CVS.

OK, this seems to be somewhat done.

> I also plan to make some long promised work on GCL memory
> management and GC.  I hope that it can be improved a bit even
> without radical redesign.

Great!  Keep us posted!

> Testing GCL with some CL compatibility suite seems to be important.
> After all the ultimate goal is to make GCL CL compliant.

At Raymond Toy's suggestion, I've tried to run the clocc ansi-test
suite.  Unfortunately, it bombs right away failing to find
handler-bind.  I tried loading the macro in clcs/handler.lisp, but
this didn't work.

1) What is clcs?  Should we be using it?

2) Is there anyway to get the suite to run showing all errors, or will
   the suite die at each missing function?  If the latter, running
   this suite will take far more time than I have right now.

3) Volunteers to run this, documenting failures, please?  They have
   hooks for akcl, so it can't be too far off, I hope.

Take care,