gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Roadmap

From: John Jorgensen
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Roadmap
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 19:22:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 26 May 2002, Lou Glassy wrote:

> 6.  (your #2) ANSI CL compliance and CLOS.  There is a portable CLOS
>               system that CMUCL used to use (they may still, I'm not sure.
>               It's called PCL.  This might be the shortest route to
>               getting CLOS into GCL.

In fact, I just downloaded a copy that was ported to GCL sometime ago from
http://www.ma.utexas.edu/users/wfs/pub/gcl/pcl-gcl-2.1.tgz (which is the
same as pcl-gcl-2.2.tgz for some reason). It seems to compile and run just
fine for the little bits of testing that I did. When you fire up the new
binary that this package creates, you have to (in-package :pcl) to use the
clos stuff.

CLOS seems to be one of those things that a lot of folks like, so
incorporating it into GCL could be a huge win popularity-wise... if you're
into that kind of thing.

J*