gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: BFD relocations

From: Daniel Jacobowitz
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: BFD relocations
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 19:05:37 -0400

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 07:03:51PM -0400, Camm Maguire wrote:
> Greetings!  Many thanks again!
>
> This works without problem!  Hooray!
>
> 1) Is it possible to know for sure that a smaller range could be
>    flushed safely?

I believe glibc has an "aux" mechanism to convey this.  I don't know
how it works, though.  Geoff?

> 2) Any other machines supported by binutils which require similar
>    flushing?  Assembly instructions?

Almost every machine has some requirements here; if x86 does not expose
them than that is probably a remnant of its CISC beginnings.  You will
need to look through glibc's loader code, I expect.

> 3) Separately, do you know what the alignment requirements are for
>    sparc32 user code on a sparc64 system?  I'm getting a SIGBUS on
>    Debian sparc, but the relevant addresses seem to be aligned on 8
>    byte boundaries, which I thought should be plenty.

Probably again a cache issue.