gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] conditions/clos/gcl unified build patch and instructi

From: John Jorgensen
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] conditions/clos/gcl unified build patch and instructions.
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 07:35:55 -0400 (EDT)

> Please don't hurry with committing. We have to sort out new
> basic CL package and check how Maxima works with
> renewed GCL setup.

It looks like all of the packages (and name strings) are built in
package.d from line 1050 to 1068 (in current CVS). For instance,
lisp_package denotes the "LISP" package. It should be possible to make a
couple of packages "common-lisp" and "common-lisp-user" right in C. I'm
still unclear on a couple of the parameters to make_package right now
though.

Also in main.c, there is an example of how to use the C functions import
and export to import nil (Cnil) and t (Ct) into a package. This should
solve the NIL problem that you mentioned (There's nothing like working
around a bug instead of fixing it. ;).

Once nil (and possibly t) are imported into the packages, the rest of cl
and cl-user could either be populated the lisp way, or the same way that
GCL does a lot of it (in C files).

J*