gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] GCL loop facility

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: [Gcl-devel] GCL loop facility
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 21:31:11 +0300

I've noticed that many tests in the ansi-test suite
failed due to errors in (loop ...) constructions
(they heavily utilize loop in many tests).
More thorough investigation revealed that
current GCL's loop.lisp is far from being
ansi cl compliant. As far as I understand this is
some older version of loop.  Present loop.lisp was
borrowed from ecls but actually ecls do not
use it.  Ecls is build with loop2.lisp which
is probably the package we really need.

Examples of loop construct which fail on
present GCL but works on other CL implementations

(loop for s being the external-symbols of "CL"
  collect s)

(loop with (a b c) of-type (float integer float)
  return (list a b c))

Maybe it is good idea to replace loop.lisp by
loop2.lisp from ecls.

Best wishes,

Vadim