gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] GCL + xemacs + ilisp-5.12.0

From: Gregory Wright
Subject: [Gcl-devel] GCL + xemacs + ilisp-5.12.0
Date: 10 Jun 2002 15:37:28 -0400

Hi,

gcl (either 2.5.0 or 2.4.3) fails when used under xemacs (or emacs for
that matter) when used with the ilisp-5.12.0 package. SBCL, cmucl, clisp
are all OK. I had hoped that the bug was in the loop macro (as mentioned
by Vadim Z.) but switching to loop2 doesn't help.

The principal symptom of the failure under xemacs is a hang with cpu
usage going to 90%. Emacs segfaults when ilisp is starting gcl as an
inferior lisp.

Methinks this is because ilisp is stressing the ANSI-ness of gcl. How
should I begin to track down? Any pointers would be apprecaited.

To briefly revisit an older topic---what projects depend on gcl---I want
to second the note that pointed out that ACL2 depends on gcl. It's my
main interest in lisp, and it only builds out of the box with gcl. CMUcl
and clisp are supposed to work, but don't on ACL2.6 with recent versions
of CMUcl or clisp (RH6.2 linux).

Best Wishes,
Greg

--