gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] [axiom] Uppercase CONST bug in /usr/include/bfd.h

From: root
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] [axiom] Uppercase CONST bug in /usr/include/bfd.h
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:30:49 -0400

on RedHat7.2 (my current machine) which has the uppercase CONST
rpm -q binutils
binutils-2.11.90.0.8-12

on a RedHat7.3 (the latest image) which has the lowercase const
rpm -q binutils
binutils-2.11.93.0.2-11

so people who use 7.2 need the patch but people who use 7.3 do not.
Is there a predicate in the configure script that can check for this?
It would be reasonable to add the #define CONST const all the time
(as no reason seems to exist to make them have different meanings)
but pretty crufty. If you don't want to add it to the configure
script I can hot patch it into the GCL code during the Axiom build.

Tim