gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Patch for configure.in

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Patch for configure.in
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:07:31 +0300

Gregory Wright пишет:
Hi,

The attached patch adds the option to build without readline support.
Just say ./configure --without-readline. Building with readline support
remains the default, if it is available.

Suppressing readline support is required to use gcl under ilisp, the
emacs/xemacs inferior lisp mode.

ilisp needs to be buffed up just a bit for gcl; I'm working on it.

The other change is to add some m4 quoting ('[ ]'), which is required by
recent autoconfs. I use autoconf-2.5 and the gcl's old configure.in
generates a broken configure file under this version.

configure.in needs a bit more help to make it bulletproof; I'll see when
I can get to it.

Best Wishes,
Greg

readline can be switched off at run time by

(si::readline-init nil nil nil nil)

Will it do?

Best wishes,

Vadim