gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: gcl-2.4.3

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl-2.4.3
Date: 26 Jun 2002 16:29:14 -0400

Greetings!

1) In CVS, I've just implemented a heuristic to shutoff readline
        a) if stdin is not a tty
        b) if the TERM environment variable is set to "dumb"

2) THe COMMON-LISP package is our work in progress toward making an
   ansi compliant lisp package.  The LISP package is the traditional
   one.  You should only get a (populated) common-lisp if you use CVS
   and configure with --enable-ansi.

3) It does seem that certain new features not strictly necessary for
   the building of maxima have found there way into 2.4.3.  I hope to
   do a 2.4.4 to remove the -I. from cmpmain.lsp, and at this time
   might try to clean things up briefly.  There is quite a bit in CVS,
   though, which is not in 2.4.3 -- full bfd support, support for many
   more platforms, and preliminary ansi lisp image support.

Take care,