gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Large pending commit

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Large pending commit
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 16:26:53 +1000

> Greetings!  Basically like malloc in libc -- if your program has such
> a function, it will be used, otherwise the "weak" version in a
> dynamically linked shared lib (libc in this case) will be used.

So basically, if the Windows build uses static linking for all libraries
this will not be a problem?

Mingw is also fairly liberal about how it treats dynamic libraries.

If it can't find a static library, it will look for a DLL import lib.  If it
can't find one of those, it will look for a DLL and work out the symbols in
it and use that DLL as if an import lib had been found.

However, the DLL's will not automatically substitute their already resolved
symbols with those you might want to supply which I think is what you want
ie: back substitution.

Cheers

Mike Thomas