gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: "COMMON-LISP" package in GCL 2.5.0

From: Matt Kaufmann
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: "COMMON-LISP" package in GCL 2.5.0
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 11:25:55 -0500 (CDT)

Thanks.  So, probably it's the case that as long as the LISP package exists, we
can rename COMMON-LISP without breaking GCL.  Do I have that right?  That
should be fine for purposes of ACL2, where we do something like this.

(let ((lisp-pkg (find-package "LISP")))
  (when lisp-pkg
    (rename-package "COMMON-LISP" "COMMON-LISP-renamed")
    (let ((old-name (package-name lisp-pkg)) ; reuse old name, nicknames
          (old-nicknames (package-nicknames lisp-pkg)))
      (rename-package "LISP"
                       old-name
                       (cons "COMMON-LISP" old-nicknames)))))

>> (with the goal of a clean, multi-platform build of maxima and maybe
>> acl2) ....

It would be great to know that ACL2 runs under GCL on a variety of platforms!
If I can be of any assistance in helping you test ACL2, please let me know.

Thanks --
-- Matt