gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: gcl-2.5.0

From: Gordon Shaw Novak
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl-2.5.0
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 19:51:31 -0500

Camm,
   I built gcl-2.5.0.cvs20020625 with no special configuration options.

I have tried building xgcl-2 on top of this GCL, and it failed.
(This can be gotten from ftp.ma.utexas.edu /pub/gcl .  It has a README
and is fairly easy to make when it works; I usually just have to edit
the directories for the X libraries in th emakefile.)
The make fails in som magic that William Schelter cooked up for us;
it looks like it was adapted from Maxima since it still has a Maxima
comment in it.

I don't know if you folks have time to look at this, but if you do any
help would be much appreciated.  I need the Xgcl for my work (I think
it is a good thing to distribute with GCL anyway, especially since it
can be used with WeirdX to provide a GUI to GCL that can be used
through any web browser, even Microsoft Internet Explorer) and I would
like to stay current with GCL as it evolves.
Many thanks, Gordon