gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: xgcl on Linux

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: xgcl on Linux
Date: 21 Aug 2002 18:28:07 -0400

Greetings, and thanks for checking this out!

"Gordon Shaw Novak" <address@hidden> writes:

> Camm,
>
>    I tried doing "make xgcl" on Linux from the cvs sources.
> There were a few problems that were easy to fix, after which it
> worked fine.
>
> Here are the things that need to be changed:
>
> In files Events.c and XStruct-4.c , remove the line  #include "include.h"

I think this is needed to resolve certain warnings depending on
missing prototypes.  What problem did you have with it?  All compiles
here without warning.

> In xgcl-2/makefile, edit the top lines to look as follows:

I've just committed a patch that determines X_LIBS and X_CFLAGS in the
configure script automatically.  As your libraries and headers seem to
be in an unusual position, you may have to use the following configure
flags now enabled:

--x-includes=DIR X include files are in DIR
--x-libraries=DIR X library files are in DIR

Please let me know if this works for you.

Take care,