gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] ACL's new stuff - semi-offtopic

From: C Y
Subject: [Gcl-devel] ACL's new stuff - semi-offtopic
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 22:14:24 -0700 (PDT)

I just looked at the feature list for ACL 6.2, and they have added both
a GTK binding and an ORB implimentation.  Obviously GCL isn't to the
point where this kind of problem is being looked at, but I was
wondering - are there standards for this king of thing, or does
everyone kind of make up their own?  If not, if/when we get to these
kinds of things, would it be good to try and impliment them in such a
way as to be compatible with ACL?  (They seem to have reasonably
extensive documentation.)

I apologize if this is offtopic/rambling.  Bedtime.

CY