gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Dubugging lisp

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Dubugging lisp
Date: 24 Sep 2002 12:54:25 -0400

Greetings!  I ran across some debugging tools that Dr. Schelter had
got working, and found that not only do they still work, but they are
also quite helpful, at least to one like me who is used to using gdb
mode in emacs.  While there appear to be a few issues still in the .el
files shipped in the distribution, in general, you can just load
gcl.el and dbl.el in emacs, M-x dbl, start gcl in the *dbl* buffer,
open your lisp code in another buffer, and use the commands described
in the gcl-si info pages under 'source level debugging'.  The most
useful for me so far are C-M-x to reload a function definition from
the source file, M-s to step line by line, C-x space to set a break
point, and :bl to print the values of local variables.

I just thought I'd point this out to the list, as the greatly
facilitates (for me at least) the tracking down of bugs.

Take care,