gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] apparent GCL 2.5.0 bug on Redhat 7.3

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] apparent GCL 2.5.0 bug on Redhat 7.3
Date: 07 Nov 2002 11:26:27 -0500

Greetings!

Matt Kaufmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi --
>
> I just ran across an apparent GCL 2.5.0 bug on Redhat 7.3.  I performed
> essentially the same action on a Debian Gnu Linux platform (GCL 2.5.0) as well
> as many others (including Solaris GCL 2.3.8 and many other Lisps) without
> running into this problem.  The relevant part of the log is as follows.

Could you please tell me where you got the GCL you tested on Redhat
and on Debian?  Of course, 2.5.0 has not yet been released, so this
must be a CVS snapshot.  Did you compile yourself?  Use the binary
packages on the ftp site?  Which versions?  Lastly, is there remote
access to this machine?  The error is likely occurring because some
compiled objects refer to symbols which cannot be found in the main
image.

Thanks!