gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] mkdir problem with msys make ?

From: Michel . Lavaud
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] mkdir problem with msys make ?
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:47:07 +0100

> > make install1 "INSTALL_LIB_DIR=c:/cvs/gcl/lib/gcl-`cat majvers`.`cat
> > minvers`" "prefix=c:/cvs/gcl" "DESTDIR="
> [...]
> > mkdir: cannot create directory 'c:/cvs/gcl/lib/gcl-2\001.5.0': No
> > such file or directory
> [...]
> > Could somebody explain where the spurious "\001" code comes from?
>
> The files majvers and minvers end by "\012" which is a Unix's end of
> line. What would happens
>   (1) without any end of line
>   (2) with a dosish end of line "\015\012"

Yes, thanks a lot, you were quite right. For some reason, these files
were in DOS format. By transforming back to Unix format with d2x, it
runs smoothly.

Camm, could you force these files to Unix format before
concatenation, or add a notice in readme.mingw ? It seems that all
the text files I get from cvs are in DOS format, so probably this is a
feature of cvs, I didn't check in the manual. Anyway, everything
seems to work OK with text files in DOS format, with mingw+msys,
except for the files majvers and minvers.
address@hidden
http://www.univ-orleans.fr/EXT/ASTEX
ftp://ftp.univ-orleans.fr/pub/tex/PC/AsTeX
liste de discussion: address@hidden
Abonnement à la liste: envoyer un message de contenu
"sub astex Nom Prenom Etablissement" à address@hidden