gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl/acl2

From: Matt Kaufmann
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl/acl2
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:02:08 -0600 (CST)

Thanks for the update.  Regarding those two issues:

>> 1) The books/workshops directory needs to exist if make clean-books is to
>>    avoid an infinite recursion, terminated only by make's internal
>>    fork limit.

I believe that this has been fixed in the latest ACL2.  Last night we updated
/u/www/users/moore/acl2/v2-7/ and the corresponding ftp site
/stage/ftp/pub/moore/acl2/v2-7/.  We are doing final tests now, and if all goes
as expected then we will modify /u/www/users/moore/acl2/index.html to point to
/u/www/users/moore/acl2/v2-7/.

So, I wonder if you'd be willing to update what you have done so that it works
with Version 2.7 of ACL2.  (Version 2.6 is about a year old now and we have
made many improvements.)  It may be that the only change you'll need to make is
to add in those two "linear" files:

    "axioms"
    "basis"
    "translate"
    "type-set-a"
    "linear-a"
    "type-set-b"
    "linear-b"
    "non-linear"

>> 2) One of the books in support has an @ in its name, and this will not
>>    compile cleanly when using :system-p t.

It would be awkward to make a change here at this late date (though we could
perhaps do so for the next release, which might be a year from now).  But isn't
your approach to avoid using systemp in the saved image?

Thanks --
-- Matt