gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] mkdir problem with msys make ?

From: GOTO Kentaro
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] mkdir problem with msys make ?
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 06:07:25 +0900

At Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:47:07 +0100,
address@hidden wrote:
> Camm, could you force these files to Unix format before
> concatenation, or add a notice in readme.mingw ? It seems that all
> the text files I get from cvs are in DOS format, so probably this is a
> feature of cvs, I didn't check in the manual. Anyway, everything
> seems to work OK with text files in DOS format, with mingw+msys,
> except for the files majvers and minvers.

Michel, if you have a remote writable CVS repository, could you have
an experiment with your dosish cvs command as follows?

  1. create a text file, say foo, with Unix's EOL
  2. cvs add foo
  3. cvs commit -m"to make it binary" foo
  4. cvs admin -kb foo
  5. rename foo bar
  6. cvs update -A foo
  7. compare foo with bar

If you obtain foo with Unix's EOL after the step 6, Camm or anyone
committer can fix the kflag of *vers on the gcl repository and it
should work well perhaps.

Gotoken