gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: ANSI compliance in gcl

From: Christophe Rhodes
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: ANSI compliance in gcl
Date: 03 Dec 2002 19:59:02 +0000

Paul Dietz <address@hidden> writes:

>   As I wrote above, I'm working on the DEFSTRUCT tests now, so
> please don't update them.  If you'd like to review existing tests,
> or begin work on tests for one of the other uncovered parts of the hyperspec,
> go right ahead.  I am trying to be very thorough here; we've got
> nearly 6000 tests so far; I estimate we'll have perhaps 15000 tests
> when we're done.

As it happens, I've just been working (with Valterri Vuorikovski) on
fixing some of SBCL's compliance issues with this... in particular, a
long-standing bug in SBCL is its treatment of colliding accessor names
in the presence of inherited structure (see the :CONC-NAME
description).  There are probably plenty of entertaining corner cases
you can test for there (some of which will shortly be entering SBCL's
regression test suite -- let me know if you want a copy).

Cheers,

Christophe