gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: Compiling files in the lsp/ directory

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: Compiling files in the lsp/ directory
Date: 07 Dec 2002 22:35:08 -0500

Greetings!

"Paul F. Dietz" <address@hidden> writes:

> Camm Maguire wrote:
> > Greetings!  OK -- could you share with me your idea of a fix?  I think
> > I can handle the mechanics from there.  A simple :sloop-for ->
> > *sloop-for* (keyword to variable) like we did recently elswhere won't
> > work here, it appears.
>
> I was trying to replace all the :sloop-* keywords with sloop-* symbols
> (quoted as appropriate) but I must have missed something.  The new
> interned symbols (see def-loop-internal) would also go in the sloop
> package.  But, as I said, this didn't work for some reason.

Well, this is encouraging!  My intuition is barely beginning to
approach that of an acknowledged lisp master :-).  I'd taken these
steps as well independently before writing you, and was also having
difficulty.  Just got it working, and am committing now.  Please check
out the patch to sloop.lsp if you have a moment.  Also am eliminating
the documentation on error symbol test failures.  This brings our test
failures at present to 83 out of 6106.

Take care,