gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: The state of GCL/Maxima/ACL2

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: The state of GCL/Maxima/ACL2
Date: 12 Dec 2002 15:23:11 -0500

Greetings!

"Warren A. Hunt Jr." <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Camm,
>
> Thanks for all of your hard work!  I really appreciate the effort you
> have put into GCL and making sure that ACL2 and Maxima continue to
> work.  This is wonderful, and very important to the community.  Many
> ACL2 users are either students or faculty that are very sensitive to
> cost, and your providing working GCL implementations may be the
> difference between these scientists and developers working on ACL2 and
> Maxima or choosing to do something else.  Once again, thank you.

And thank you for your kind words.  Please allow me to cc this to the
gcl-devel list to spread the thanks around to all the contributors.
For me at least, hearing about people who currently rely on GCL helps
a lot with my motivation to work on it.

> I always build ACL2 from sources so I can build a large memory image
> version.  In that sense, could you place a copy of
>
>   gcl-2.5.0.tgz
>
> in the directory
>
>   ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gcl/

OK, I've just added the source tarball corresponding to the .deb
binary packages in the cvs directory.  You can find it at

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gcl/cvs/

This will be automatically updated with future Debian package releases
as well.

Take care,