gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] functionp.4 (ansi-tests)??

From: Peter Wood
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] functionp.4 (ansi-tests)??
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:19:38 +0100

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 09:08:54PM -0600, Paul F. Dietz wrote:
> Peter Wood wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >In ansi-tests/functionp.lsp, this test is in error:
> >
> >(deftest functionp.4
> >  (loop for x in *cl-symbol-names*
> >     for s = (find-symbol x "CL")
> >     for f = (and (fboundp s) (symbol-function s)
> >                  (not (special-operator-p s))
> >                  (not (macro-function s)))
> >     always (or (null f)
> >                (functionp f)))
> >  t)
>

> That was fixed in the cvs repository on Nov. 2.
>
>       Paul

OK, I updated my ansi-test directory (sorry, I thought I'd done so
before, that's what comes of working with out-of-sync trees.)  The
test now looks like this:

(deftest function.4
  (loop for x in *cl-symbol-names*
        for s = (find-symbol x "CL")
        for f = (and (fboundp s)
                     (symbol-function s)
                     (not (special-operator-p s))
                     (not (macro-function s))
                     (symbol-function s))
        always (or (null f)
                   (typep f 'function)
                   ))
  t)

Unfortunately... it, or loop, or deftest, or something else is still
broken, because from the following function, I get NIL and I can't see
that this function should return NIL if test function.4 is correct.  I
have also manually gone through the collection of f and _every_ value
is either NIL or a function object. (appended)

(defun fun4res ()
  (remove-if #'(lambda (f) (or (null f) (typep f 'function)))
             (loop for x in *cl-symbol-names*
                   for s = (find-symbol x "CL")
                   for f = (and (fboundp s)
                                (symbol-function s)