gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] functionp.4 (ansi-tests)??

From: Peter Wood
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] functionp.4 (ansi-tests)??
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:37:36 +0100

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 04:19:38PM +0100, Peter Wood wrote:

> Unfortunately... it, or loop, or deftest, or something else is still
> broken, because from the following function, I get NIL and I can't see
> that this function should return NIL if test function.4 is correct.  I
> have also manually gone through the collection of f and _every_ value
> is either NIL or a function object. (appended)
>
> (defun fun4res ()
>   (remove-if #'(lambda (f) (or (null f) (typep f 'function)))
>            (loop for x in *cl-symbol-names*
>                  for s = (find-symbol x "CL")
>                  for f = (and (fboundp s)
>                               (symbol-function s)
>                               (not (special-operator-p s))
>                               (not (macro-function s))
>                               (symbol-function s))
>                  collect f )))

Also, this function consistently returns T, so it's probably not loop
at fault.

(defun fun4res2 ()
  (loop for x in *cl-symbol-names*
        for s = (find-symbol x "CL")
        for f = (and (fboundp s)
                     (symbol-function s)
                     (not (special-operator-p s))
                     (not (macro-function s))
                     (symbol-function s))
        always (or (null f)
                   (typep f 'function))))

I'm sorry to harp on this, but I've done quite a bit to get ANSI
function behaviour, and although I understand why some of the other
tests are failing, these ones are really annoying me.  I can't see
what I could possibly be expected to do to the source code to produce
a fix for these tests when the above functions return results which I
expect and which are (IMHO) ANSI, but the corresponding code in a
deftest results in a error report.

Regards,
Peter