gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Questions concerning Documentation, Sockets, FFI

From: Peter Wood
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Questions concerning Documentation, Sockets, FFI
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 17:23:04 +0100

Hi

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 01:32:01PM -0800, Eric Merritt wrote:

>  First off the documentation provided (the info files)
> seems to be a generic set of documents that are not
> specific to gcl at all. Command line options, etc are
> well handled by the man page however this leaves gcl
> specific packages like sockets undocumented. Is there
> any gcl specific documentation? If so could you point
> me to the appropriate location.

There is no socket documentation, as far as I know.  Your best bet is
to read the file o/socket.c.  Apart from that the info file you want
is GCL-SI or GCL-TK for GCL specific info

>  Last, but not least. Is there any specific
> documentation for the FFI? I have downloaded pargcl to
> use for an example, but I thought that if I was
> posting to the list anyway I might as well ask this
> question to.

In the info files mentioned above, check the entries for 'defcfun'
'defentry' 'clines', etc.

You also mentioned multithreading.  I'm pretty sure GCL doesn't have
this feature.

Regards,
Peter