gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] RE: GCL bugs (decode-float, rationalize, expt)

From: Stavros Macrakis
Subject: [Gcl-devel] RE: GCL bugs (decode-float, rationalize, expt)
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 22:04:13 -0500

Mike,

Thanks for your confirmations of these bugs.  Just to clarify: I trust
you agree that all these cases are buggy except for (expt 10 -300) and
(integer-decode-float 1.0) (which both crash on my machine, but give the
correct answers on Mike's and Camm's).

I should have mentioned that I was using the most recent prebuilt binary
(gcl_2.5.0.cvs20021220_mingw32), running on a 1GHz Athlon under Windows
2000.  Is it possible the Athlon is the issue in the cases where my
result is different from yours?

Does GCL use GMP even for purely floating-point operations like
decode-float?  Does GCL or GMP use architecture-specific instructions
(gcc -march etc.?).

      -s