gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Help on maxima cross-compile

From: Mario Giammarco
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Help on maxima cross-compile
Date: 07 Jan 2003 19:27:51 +0100

Il lun, 2003-01-06 alle 18:12, Camm Maguire ha scritto:
> Greetings!  Good to hear of your plans.
>
> To my understanding, you will pretty much have to use GCL to get
> maxima running on mips at present.  Under Debian, gcl/maxima is fully
> supported and passes all tests, at least on top of gcc.   I'd try
> something like the following with your new compiler:
>
> 1) export CC=<your cc>
> 2) apt-get -q source gcl (put unstable in your apt sources.list)
> 3) cd gcl-2.5.0.cvs20020625
> 3.5) apt-get -q install libgmp3-dev
> 4) ./configure --enable-dynsysgmp --disable-statsysbfd --enable-dlopen
>     (--enable-debug, if you want)
> 5) make
> 6) cd ..
>
> -- for current "stable" maxima
>
> 7) apt-get -q source maxima
> 8) cd maxima-5.6b
> 9) edit configure, set GCLDIR to $(pwd)/../gcl-2.5.0.cvs20020625
> 11) ./configure
> 12) make
> 13) make test
>

> Good luck, and please drop us a line to let us know how its going.

Hello,
I am having some problems in compiling.
But I suppose I have a bigger "logical" problem.
I try to explain myself better: the agenda vr3 pda does not have a
native compiler. So I use my x86 linux box to CROSS COMPILE software and
generate software for mips architecture.
So if I am thinking right I need to create an x86 executable of gcl
compiler that can be used to produce a mips executable of maxima.
I hope you can continue helping me, I need very much a pocket symbolic
calculator!
Thanks again,

--
Mario Giammarco <address@hidden>