gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] RE: GCL bugs (decode-float, rationalize, expt)

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] RE: GCL bugs (decode-float, rationalize, expt)
Date: 09 Jan 2003 21:35:41 -0500

Greetings!

"Stavros Macrakis" <address@hidden> writes:

> Camm,
>
> That was a quick fix!  Thanks!  What turned out to be the problem?

The issue was that Ldecode_float/double_exponent/set_exponent used
their own bit masking code, and did not use that in
integer-decode-float at all.  This together with the fact that certain
algorithms calculated their result inverted and then divided into
1.0 at the end, which of course will overflow when a double is
denormalized.

Take care,