gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Gcl-commits] gcl h/protoize.h h/usig.h o/file.d o/make

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Gcl-commits] gcl h/protoize.h h/usig.h o/file.d o/makefile o...
Date: 14 Jan 2003 22:08:26 -0500

Hi Mike!  And thanks as always for your contributions!

The 1 vs. 3 argument signal handler is toggled by the SA_SIGINFO flag
passed to sigaction, which I think is set on nearly all architectures
now.  It is used, for example, to pass fault addresses to the sgbc
code on machines where this works.  I take it this is designed to
remove a compiler warning.  If memory serves, gcc cannot yet ( and I
don't see how it ever could) distinguish between the two handler forms
depending on sigactions' arguments.  So I typically make an explicit
cast in this case, (from linux.h:)

action.sa_handler = (void *)memprotect_handler; \

What you have of course is fine.  It would be nice as we go along to
minimize the MINGW ifdefs in the core code, and move this to the .h
files or to configure-generated gclincl.h where possible.  But that's
longer term, so if we need such ifdefs to get a solid build working
now I'm OK with that in general.  As always, I defer to your
judgment.

Take care,