gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Updates to test suite

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Updates to test suite
Date: 23 Jan 2003 17:37:46 -0500

Greetings!  Paul, I've got a patch just about ready to commit
addressing many of these.  I'm uncertain about one aspect.  GCL
currently compiles functions to check the number of actually supplied
arguments at runtime.  Basically, if &allow-other-keys or &rest
explicitly appears in the lambda-list of the defun, the upper-limit
check on the supplied arguments to the function at runtime is bypassed.
My understanding is that this bypass should always be in place, though
it seems a shame not to be able to declare a function in such a way as
to have an upper-limit on the number of supplied arguments.

The only other residual allow-other-keys errors involve keys that are
really symbols, i.e. 'bad, instead of :bad.  Is that syntax really to
be allowed?  Can't find that in the spec...

Down to 328 failures from 441 with this patch.

Take care,