gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] [Fwd: Re: Itanium2 port??]

From: Mike McDonald
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] [Fwd: Re: Itanium2 port??]
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 22:59:22 -0500

>To: "Paul F. Dietz" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] [Fwd: Re: Itanium2 port??]
>From: Camm Maguire <address@hidden>
>Date: 09 Feb 2003 22:11:55 -0500
>
>Greetings!

>>   It gets an immediate unrecoverable segmentation violation.
>>

>What box?  I'm almost sure that this must be an external dynamic
>library mismatch.  I take it that this is not a Debian box.

  It's a RH box.

>>   gcc generates an unrecognized instruction for the return in
>> num_log.c.
>>

>This is a well known (gcc) compiler bug on this platform, which is
>worked-around in debian/rules.  Try 'debian/rules build' to build a
>clean source tree.
>
>Please let me know how it goes.

  The key line from debian/rules is:

( cd o && $(MCC) -c -Wall -DVOL=volatile -I.
 -fsigned-char -fwritable-strings -pipe -O -fomit-frame-pointer -I../h -I../gcl-
tk num_log.c  )

  Compiling num_log.c using that command and then doing a build seems
to work fine. I built yesterday's CVS top of trunk.

  THANKS for the help! I didn't know gcl-devel was subscribed to
cmucl-imp. :-)

  Mike McDonald
  address@hidden