gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Test of new versions of Gcl for Windows

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Test of new versions of Gcl for Windows
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:44:18 +1000

Hi Vadim.

Thanks for the help.

| I've just tried 20030224 on Windows Me and Windows XP.
| Unfortunately in both cases it doesn't install into
| default dir "C:\Program Files".  Next I've tried
| C:\Programs and it went smoothly.  So maybe we
| can make C:\Programs the default installation dir?
| Not very elegant solution but it works.

and what do you know, it is not only possible to set the default install
pathname, but it can actually be set to "c:\Progra~1\GCL-2.5.0"!

It will be in tomorrows installer (will be 20030227).

| There is also some tiny point about GCL desktop
| icon.  I like very much the idea with transparent
| lambda but strangely enough it works as expected
| on Win Me only on Win XP whole icon appears
| on the black square non transparent background.
| Not a big deal though.

Strange but true.  It may be that someone will come up with another icon
anyway, otherwise maybe we can put it over a dark part of our desktops.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.