gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Build output

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Build output
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 05:55:50 -0700 (PDT)

--- Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:
> Greetings, and sorry for the delay.  [ Reminder, I'm away until 6/1,
> so correspondence will be spotty. ] .

No problem.

> There are only three differences between your configure output and
> mine:
>
> 1) the gcc version string reported by your compiler is apparently
>    unknown to the autoconf script.  I don't think this is critical,
>    as we should see a lot more configure failures if the compiler
>    setting was not correct, though -mcpu=pentiumpro -march=i486
>    obviously doesn't make much sense.  If you have autoconf on your
>    system, try running it (after a make clean), and then configure
>    again.

Didn't seem to change much of anything.  I think I tried that in the
original posting?

> 2) Your bfd library is newer and supports the bfd_boolean.  Again,
>    probably not a problem.

OK.

> 3) Your tcl library was apparently found in an odd place.  This is my
>    guess at your problem, as the tcl setting logic in configure.in is
>    not very robust at present.  I would try to locate the
>    tclConfig.sh
>    and tkConfig.sh scripts on your system, and supply the directories
>    containing them to configure by hand via --enable-tclconfig and
>    --enable-tkconfig.

Are /usr/lib/tclConfig.sh and /usr/lib/tkConfig.sh nonstandard?

Tried that too - no good.

> Please let me know if this does not work.

It didn't ;-).

> (Also, if you have remote access to this system, I'm reasonably
> confident I could pinpoint the issue very quickly. )

OK, sure.  I can provide you with a temp account.  I'll email you the
info.

> BTW, doesn't gentoo have a gcl package?

It does, but it doesn't work.  It's also for an older version of gcl.

CY