gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Issue with SYSTEM::MULTIPLY-BIGNUM-STACK while compilin

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Issue with SYSTEM::MULTIPLY-BIGNUM-STACK while compiling on gcl-2.5.2
Date: 02 May 2003 11:10:13 -0400

Greetings!  GCL no longer uses this function -- bignum support is now
through gmp, and space is allocated as needed dynamically (previously,
pari could be used for bignums, in which case gcl maintained a bignum
stack itself.)  You can define a dummy function as a workaround, but
in the long term you should remove this from the source, or at least
figure out a good conditional to put in front of it.  There is a GCL
todo here, though -- we need to remove this function from the
documentation.

Take care,