gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Problem with linking a large C library

From: Diptansu Das
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Problem with linking a large C library
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:59:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Everyone,
   I wish to try out LISP in my work as a physicist. I
am trying to figure out how to link GCL to a large C
library that I use daily. For now, I just wish to call
one function from the library which just passes an
integer and returns void. Not anything particularly
hard, and I have been able to remake GCL so that it
calls similar small functions easily. However, whenerv
I link the C libraries I want to use (btw, the library
is called ROOT) , make fails. It compiles all the
fiels, and then in the unixport/ directory it tries to
do a "make saved_gcl", at which point, it says "Error:
GBC is not enabled" and there is a segfault. Weird
thing is, even if I do not link any functions from
this library, and just include the libraries in the
LIBS variable, make still fails. Anyone have any idea
as to what the problem mabe?

Thanx,
  Diptansu